Little Hands SureStart offer toileting support to parents who are thinking about or beginning to toilet train their child. This can be especially helpful for parents that have children beginning nursery in September.
This support can be provided in the comfort of your own home with individualised resources to make the process easier and more child friendly.
For more information please contact the Family Team on 028 71 267524.
The government is introducing new ways to help parents with childcare costs. Whether you have toddlers or teens this new website offers information on: free childcare, tax free childcare, tax credits for childcare, childcare vouchers and support while you study.
Read more: www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Libraries NI has launched ‘Rub-a-Dub Hub’ a FREE online resource with Tools, Tips and Fun Activities to enable parents and carers to support pre-school children. It helps little ones to grow and learn. Little Hands encourage all families in the area to use the services on offer, as free of charge within your home for your children.
On Tuesday 7th February from 10am -12 noon in Brooke Park we will be celebrating our Dump the Dummy Event. At this event the children can give their dummies to the Dummy Fairy. Come along and learn about the advantages and disadvantages of the use of dummies.
Reasons to reduce the use of dummies:
- Toddlers using a dummy are more likely to have ear infections.
- Sucking a dummy may lead to dental problems with frontal teeth.
- Your child may not use the full range of the tongue movements that are necessary for making all speech sounds.
- Your child will have fewer opportunities to babble and use sounds to talk to you.
- Overdevelopment of the muscles at front of mouth which may lead to persistent tongue thrust and drooling.
The Language and Communication Team will be available to discuss any concerns regarding dummy or bottle use or any concerns regarding speech, language and communication.
The SureStart Developmental Programme for 2-3 Year Olds is one of a wide range of Programmes which SureStart offers to families in your local area. There are a limited number of places on the Programme, which will be offered to children and parents who can benefit most from participation in the Programme.
Submission of the Expression of Interest is no guarantee of a place on the programme.
The SureStart Developmental Programme for 2-3 Year Olds runs from September – June.
To be considered for the programme:
- Children must be a minimum of 2 years of age on 1st July of the intake year.
- Children must live within the Sure Start area of Little Hands – Creevagh, Springtown, FoyleSprings 2, Rosemount.
- The Family must be registered with the SureStart Project prior to commencement of the programme.
- Parents must commit to ensuring their child will attend on a regular basis (minimum of 80% attendance).
- Parents must agree to attend regular Stay and Play sessions (minimum 80% attendance) and accept home visits.
The application will be available to download below on 30/01/2017 at 09:00am.
Closing date for return of applications is Friday 10th February at 3pm